Biometrics for DACA

Asked over 1 year ago - Lawrenceville, GA

hello...i sent my package for DACA in january...i got married in November so in all my applications i used my new last name everything that uscis has sent me they used my new last name...today i got my appointment for biometrics for feb 22 ,but my consular ID has my maiden last name i wanted to change it to my new last name but my consulate office gave me the appointment til feb 28 and my biometrics appt is on feb 22 i was wondering if they will give me a hard time when i go for my biometrics since my appt letter has my new last and my Id has my maiden name???? thank you :)

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

Answered . It would be a good idea to take your marriage certificate with you to your biometrics appointment. Also, do you have any other forms of identification with your new married name?

USCIS will most likely take your biometrics at your appointment. If USCIS does not take them, because of the name issue, then at least you should be receiving your new consular ID a few days later, and then you could return to USCIS for biometrics with your new consular ID, if necessary.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You will need to take your marriage certificate with you.

3. Justin Eric Elder

Pro

Answered . Please take your marriage certificate with you and anything else you might have evidencing your name change.

Best of luck!