Biometrics for DACA

Lawrenceville, GA |

hello...i sent my package for DACA in january...i got married in November so in all my applications i used my new last name everything that uscis has sent me they used my new last name...today i got my appointment for biometrics for feb 22 ,but my consular ID has my maiden last name i wanted to change it to my new last name but my consulate office gave me the appointment til feb 28 and my biometrics appt is on feb 22 i was wondering if they will give me a hard time when i go for my biometrics since my appt letter has my new last and my Id has my maiden name???? thank you :)

1. It would be a good idea to take your marriage certificate with you to your biometrics appointment. Also, do you have any other forms of identification with your new married name?

USCIS will most likely take your biometrics at your appointment. If USCIS does not take them, because of the name issue, then at least you should be receiving your new consular ID a few days later, and then you could return to USCIS for biometrics with your new consular ID, if necessary.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

2. You will need to take your marriage certificate with you.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Please take your marriage certificate with you and anything else you might have evidencing your name change.

Best of luck!

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit www.justinelderlaw.com.