Biometrics between I-751 and N-400 of one year?

Madison, WI |

If an applicant did their biometrics for their I-751 RoC, will they need to go through biometrics again a year later when filing for N-400? I'm aware that biometrics are valid for 15 months, but what if the applicant and spouse have moved together to another state at the time of N-400 application? Will the biometrics process be required just because they moved? Thank you!

It is the custom and practice of CIS to require separate biometrics for every type of new application.
New biometrics are required from each and every N-400 applicant, for the N-400 process, the same way they were required due in the I-751 application.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you very much for your time.

Biometrics in my opinion will be scheduled again for a separate immigration N400 as being a completely different legal process, since the initial case was not the same as a newly initiated N400 one.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

Thank you very much for your time.

Yes a person must get printed again when the file for citizenship.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Thank you very much for your time.