Bill of sale breeched when seller took money for merchandise & never returned calls. Can I legally persue for all loss?

Brodhead, WI |

Bill of sale Breeched
Wrote up a Bill of sale for toolbox which was given a price of $500 on Sept 5,2012
Seller signed and agreed to take small down payments of $140.00, next day seller asked for another amount of $100 to help get the toolbox out of secured storage. Made a few verbal agreements for bill of sale and then was told tools would be taken out of storage and for delivery to my work facility. Upon various attempts to get the Toolbox to destination the seller was unable to make delivery,( various excuses were given for not being able to deliver) broken hitch, flat tire, numerous phone calls were made by both self and seller but never returned a real time when delivery will be made. Seller has not returned calls since Sept 9,2012. Gave the seller time to respond but no answer.

Sounds like you could sue for breach of contract, for either "conversion" of the property that you bought and which wasn't provided to you, or for your money back that you've paid.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Business topics