Bfwo, Immediate Execution

Lindenhurst, NY |

BFWO ,IMMEDIATE EXECUTION , WHAT DOsE THIS MEAN AND HOW SERIOUS.....PERSON HAS 6 ARREST ALL misdemeanor , in 8 months

1. It stands for "bail forfeited warrant ordered." I would consider it pretty serious. It means whoever posted the bail will lose it (unless the warrant is vacated ASAP, depending on how long ago the warrant was issued, and the circumstances, you may be able to make a a motton to get the bail money back. Unless there is a really good reason for not showing up in court, expect substantial bail to be set when the defendant returns to court, especially if he is returned involuntarily.

2. It means the judge forfeited the bail and asked the police to search for the defendant immediatley.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.