Better to talk to lawyer or pay speeding ticket in this case?

Azusa, CA |

On 2/7/13, I received a speeding ticket infraction for going 51 over a 35 mph limit, 4-lane street in Azusa. It was Radar #8. At the time, I suspected I had Testicular Torsion, a medical emergency, and scheduled an appt with an Urologist. The officer said if it's an appt, then it's not an emergency. I was cited 22350VC Unsafe Speed. On 3/18/13, I received a bail notice of $367 plus $64 for traffic school fee. I ask....would you recommend talking to a lawyer, paying the fine, or could I fight this myself?

Thank you!

PS if you have a recommendation for a lawyer with reasonable fees near Azusa, CA, please tell me.

Is it worth the trouble to fight? Only you can answer that. You can always go to court, enter whichever plea you want, and run with it. Who knows, maybe you will get a sympathetic hearing officer.

The decision to fight ticket is up to you. How the court will respond to yor evidence is certainly a factor to consider. You need an attorney to fight this.

Andrew Roberts

If you want to fight it I would suggest getting an attorney. There is a chance the officer may not show or be willing to negotiate the charges to anon point violation. Don't forget to see if traffic school is an option.