Best way to find actually qualified attorney for medical malpractice case?

Greenfield, MA |

How do I go about finding an actually experienced and willing attorney to review my medical malpractice issues? I called a few locals and the last one Stoberski and Stoberski said "I'm not going to piss in my own backyard." and hung up. I do not know what that legally means and now I feel hesitant on seeking further qualified lawyers.

You are in luck. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find lawyers in your state. Don't be discouraged by a negative call. You may want to consider offering an up-front fee to cover initial costs if the case is weak.

Case is NOT weak. I'm going in for my third surgery for the removal of 1 ovary. Weak would be, not having had unneeded surgeries or having had the organ removed in the emergency surgery I undrewent last year.

Can you tell us something about your case?

Surgeon failed to remove ovary. 2nd surgery failed to remove ovary. Going to different hospital for 3rd attempt. Legal options? Had emergency surgery last august to remove ovary. Thought all went as planned. Got sick this Spring. Imaging found septated ovary, adhered to intestines in the retroperitoneal area. This summer, GYN's co-worker went in to remove. Unable. Told me nothing more needed to be done. Continued getting sick, all summer. As septated ovary grew and I suffered all summer, I networked for myself to get me proper medical care. Surgeon at BWH, says MUST COME OUT and surgery in a week. Thank You

Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr

Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr

You should get a copy of your medical records for all of this and have them reviewed by a medical malpractice lawyer.

I know that. I have my medical records but FINDING A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY is not as easy as opening the yellow pages. This is a very intrusive and personal matter. I guess I thought contributors here, would have had a few names or suggestions.

Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr

Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr

We could look at your records if you have them together.

Thank you.. Mailin Fri.

I was unable to get to the PO on Friday, my week has been hectic with surgery on Monday. I wll get them to you ASAP.

It means the lawyer utilized doctors to serve other clients of that attorney and it also likely means the lawyer does not think your case sufficiently strong to take on a contingent fee basis. Best advise is to continue to call attorneys. You will likely need some money to pay for an expert witness.

Answering this question does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I only establish an attorney-client relationship after both I and the client sign an agreement. Until that is done, the legal information I give is free, but it is only general legal information, not tailored to the facts of anyone's case and is not the precise advice I would give to a client. This means I take no responsibility for what happens to anyone based on any information that is transmitted through Avvo. I take full responsibility for any contract I sign with a client. This means if you want to count on me to give you legal help, you must first sign a contract with me.

The only info about my case given was unneeded surgery twice and the hospital name. Staff at that office replied as stated above. SO I do not feel they even know what "my case" is. The didn't even ask what the surgery was or anything that would have warranted such a conclusion.

My medical records, surgical history, pathology and upcoming surgery and pathology should be pertinent, right. I can't do this on my own and I am 90% sure a lawyer who is skilled enough will somehow align with me on this matter.

Albert E. Grady

Albert E. Grady

Good points. Keep calling.

Avvo has a find a lawyer tool. There is lawyers.com and Martindale- Hubbell. If you have a good case, you should not have any problems finding an experienced attorney.

If your case is good enough, there are many experienced MA medical malpractice attorneys who would be willing to soil the local area. Keep looking.

Is there a vitals.com for lawyers? I found a great dr. there but they do not cover lawyers. I came here trying to find one, not to be told what I already know of needing one.

David Ian Schoen

David Ian Schoen

Under the AVVO guidelines, we are not permitted to tell you that we would be interested in talking to you about possibly handling your case. I am sure that any of the malpractice attorneys listed on the site would speak to you. Unfortunately, you have to use the AVVO find a lawyer tool. Just be wary of the rating systems, that do not necessarily calculate information that is important and may give undue weight to information that is not important.