Best Visa to get to bring spouse to the States when US Citizen Marries Foreign National in neither's home country?

Lithia Springs, GA |

As a US citizen living in the US, if you marry a Foreign National outside the states in a country Other than their home country.. what is the Best and Most Cost Effective way to bring her into the states for permanent residency. On a CR-1, IR-1 or K-3 Visa? How long should it take from the time the petition (I-130) is filed with the USCIS to get her into the states and get SSN?

1. IR1 is the most cost effective. It takes about one year to complete the process.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. An immigrant visa. CR-1 or IR-1 is determined by the length of the marriage.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with my colleagues above. As far as the question about how long it would take for the approval of the I-130 is hard to tell but I agree with my colleague that the whole process might take even one year. If you would like to talk with a local immigration attorney, feel free to call our office, we are located in Lawrenceville.