Being sued in Civil court for a traffic accident I plead guilty to. Make to much for legal aid, not enough for attorney.

Asked over 1 year ago - Middletown, OH

At the time I was an uninsured. The collision occurred 1.8 years ago and was very minor. Terms were agreed upon and I was set to make restitution payments for the damages to the car and bodily injury, although I had never seen the proof of either claim they seemed unfitting to the collision, I just wanted the event to be over (I've kept current with my restitution payments) and was overwhelmed and accepted full responsibility. The civil claim filed against me is for amounts I've paid upon and currently am paying upon with the addition of "pain and suffering", totaling about 1.5 times the amount of bodily injury done. How should I respond in my statement of defense if my case is against the "Pain and Suffering" endured by the Plaintiff and that I'm making payments on the other claims?

1. Cassandra Ann Rodriguez

Pro

7

Answered . Is this a case In Middletown Municipal Court or in Butler County Common Pleas? You will need to see a lawyer. I have an office in Fairfield if you'd like to set up a consultation.

Pro

6

Answered . Luckily Rodriguez has offered to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . I would take up Attorney Rodriguez's offer for a consultation.

4. Keith G Langer

5

Answered . You are not entitled to court-appointed counsel in civil cases. Contact the OH and your county bar associations for referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  5. Michael Shemtoub

3

Answered . Attorney Rodriguez has some good points and suggestions. I would make an appointment with her asap.
    Good Luck

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference