Being on parole can the cops threaten, pressure and lie to you in order to get you to make a confession?

Asked 11 months ago - Peru, IL

cops entered my home and cuffed me for more than two hours while threatening me and my family. searched my home, said they would violate my parole if i didn't tell them what they wanted and take my wife to jail and place my child in states hands. 3 cops were attacking me.

also they never charged with violation of parole. was released from parole 2 weeks later in good standing.

1. Jeremy Wayne Sackett

3

Answered . Can the cops threaten you? Yes. Can the cops pressure you? Yes. Can the cops lie to you? Yes. Can they enter your home illegally, search you illegally, and attack you? No. Talk to an attorney in your area to see if you have any recourse.

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

2

Answered . They cannot attack you.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Without knowing more details on the specifics of your allegations it is impossible for any state licensed professional to advise you the exact legal route to take for your case. A logical approach to deal with that reality would be retaining a criminal counsel in Illinois.