Being harrassed by neighbor

Asked almost 5 years ago - Chicago, IL

I am being harrassed by my neighbor who is a con artist. she owns a business where she helps people collect money from a plaintiff if a judgement is awarded against a person a defendant. Her business is to locate where the defendant in the case works and locate their banking information and pursue these individauls to collect monies by wage garnishments or getting the money from their bank accounts. The problem with this is she is a part of a scam to cause accidents between someone and the potential plaintiff who is a part of the con as well. They have been targeting me and other . Her team of cons have been following me around and purposely trying to setup ocurrences where they can sue me. This lady is a poor fool. Can I file a lawsuit against her? I need you to tell me what I can do?

1. Christopher R. Minelli

Answered . There are a number of potential Illinois crimes that the woman and her "company" are committing in addition to a (potential) charge of practicing law without a license. I would consult your local police station if you feel uncomfortable or threatened by her actions.

Good luck!

Christopher R. Minelli
    Minelli Law Offices, LLC
    Chicago, Illinois
    (312) 214-7262

NOTE: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and should not be construed in that way. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and no such relationship may be created absent a signed retainer agreement. The author is licensed in Illinois only, and his answer is for educational purposes alone.