Being charged with the forgery of a cashier's check...

Houston, TX |

Picked up for this crime, then ran, before being picked up again several months later. Now, 2 years later, picked up on this same crime after evading arrest... Claims the charges were dropped 2 years ago, but why would he be braought in for it again if they were? Will it be a felony or misd? Will a plea agreement even be possible after they tried to run the first time?

Hire a a criminal defense lawyer immediately, and stop posting details about what you've done on public fora like this one, which prosecutors read, too.

I'm only licensed in CA. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Well it wasn't me and no real details here. Tried to be as vague as possible.

It would be a felony. The charges were apparently not dropped or there wouldn't have been a warrant to use to pick him up again. Yes, there can be a plea bargain but it will be tough to get anything but prison because he has proven that he is NOT a good candidate for probation, even if he were eligible.

Although I have answered the question to try to help you, you should consult with a lawyer in your area in person on the matter. In addition, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us.