BEING CHARGED WITH ASSAULT. IF FOUND GUILTY HOW LONG CAN I GO TO JAIL FOR?

Anaheim, CA |

I WAS AT MY JOB AND I WAS JUST DIONG MY JOB WITH MY FATHER AND NOW TWO CUSTOMERS CHARGED US WITH ASSAULT WITH FORKLIFT.

Rather than worry about how long you can go to jail for, at this point you should be thinking about how to avoid going to jail at all. You need an attorney to explain to the prosecutor why the charges should be dropped (though this is always your goal it is not guaranteed). Go meet with a few attorneys and choose the one you like best. Most give free consultations. You should not speak with ANYONE other than an attorney about this matter, especially law enforcement.

If you cannot afford a private attorney the court will appoint you a public defender, just request one at your first court date.

As to your specific question, nobody could really answer it without knowing more facts, which you should not disclose here, but assuming you are convicted the penalty could range from a fine and probation to jail time (moreso if charged as a felony). Again, do NOT discuss this case with ANYONE except your attorney. And do not say anything to the prosecutor or judge at your court date other than to request an attorney if you do not hire a private one before then. Feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone for a free consultation.

Michel & Associates, PC
(562) 216-4444

All my comments here are intended for general legal purposes. None of my comments here establish an attorney-client relationship with anyone. None of my comments should be relied on in taking legal action without first consulting an attorney.

Hi, there is no way to give you a definitive answer on this because there are so many factors that go into this. We need to know the particular facts about why these people are alleging you assault them with a forklift (which will be classified as a deadly weapon). This charge carries a strike with it.

You need to have a confidential consultation with an attorney immediately!

Feel free to call me with any questions. I would be glad to give you a free consultation.

Elliot Zarabi
www.zarabilaw.com
213-612-7720

This is a very serious charge as it carries a potential strike with it. More facts are needed. You need an attorney ASAP to deal with this . Call me with any questions.

Andrew Roberts

The first question i what the exact charges you face are. Assault can be anything from a simple misdemeanor up to serious felonies.

Aside from that, assault requires criminal intent. An accident or negligence is NOT criminal intent sufficient for assault.

Bottom line: make absolutely NO statements about this to anyone except your attorney. The last thing you need is to have your words used against you to turn a weak case into a good one.