Skip to main content

Being charged 250.00 for smoking in hotel room

Arlington, VA |

didn't see signs

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should ask the hotel for its authority to charge you that amount. If it's in the contract, they will show it to you. If not, you can contest it or even file a complaint in small claims court.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.


There may not be signs, but I agree with the above attorney - ask for a copy of the policy or contract.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer