Before entering in USA on h1 for first time, can i visit a transit city and stay there couple of days?

Foster City, CA |

Hi,
Iam from india and my employer is going to process my H1 for oct-2013.If i get my visa, my joining date would be 1-oct-2013. my travel route would be hyderabad-dubai-san francisco.
during transit at dubai, i would like to stay at dubai for couple of days to visit my relatives and then start back to sanfrancisco.
can you please let me know if there be any problem at POE in USA as i have stayed for 2-3 days in dubai.

Thanks
Krishna

How is that a US immigration question? Stay wherever you want as long as it is not a terrorist training camp or some other crazy activity.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. It is too late to file a new h1B as all visas have been used up unless you have previously been counted against the cap or your employer is a university based employer.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.