Before a HOA board enacts a new rule, is a notice to all members required to allow input from the members as is required for

Rosemead, CA |

Rule changes?

It would depend on the nature of the rule and how it impinges on the rights of the parties.

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.

The HOA's governing documents, including the CC&R's, bylaws, etc., should set forth the procedure for a rule change. Amending a CC&R provision usually requires not just notice to all members and owners, but a 'super-majority' of members approving the amendment. Rules, however, may require notice to members or a mere quorum. Check your governing documents.

Our governing documents only state that the board can make rules.