Been into the US illegaly and had immigration hearings.I was granted voluntary departure.I am a DV lottery winner.Can i appy?

my question is if i can apply for a dv visa as a winner?will i be granted one?do i have abr for 10 years?

I was gaved a paper to bring it to the US embassy in my country.I have never did that because i have never thought i will ever come that their assurance that i am back?

I'm afraid that you already know the answer .. you can not adjust your status and you need a waiver of the 10 year bar before a US Consul will give you a visa.

Meet with a lawyer for confirmation.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You can not.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Sorry, but the answer to this one is no.

The author is a Maryland attorney; however no answer given on Avvo is intended as legal advice or intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Dan's expertise lies in the electronic entertainment (video game) industry, as well as complex internet law issues, electronic free speech, entertainment law, copyright and trademark law, and computer fraud. He primarily represents game developers and founders of emergent internet technologies.

Recommended articles about Immigration