Been into the US illegaly and had immigration hearings.I was granted voluntary departure.I am a DV lottery winner.Can i appy?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

my question is if i can apply for a dv visa as a winner?will i be granted one?do i have abr for 10 years?

Additional information

I was gaved a paper to bring it to the US embassy in my country.I have never did that because i have never thought i will ever come that their assurance that i am back?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can not.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I'm afraid that you already know the answer .. you can not adjust your status and you need a waiver of the 10 year bar before a US Consul will give you a visa.

    Meet with a lawyer for confirmation.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Daniel Gary Rosenthal


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Sorry, but the answer to this one is no.

    The author is a Maryland attorney; however no answer given on Avvo is intended as legal advice or intended to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,891 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,891 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering