Been having in my care since she was 7 days old given custody ,can i have my name put on the birth ceritified

Shreveport, LA |

mother gave up all rights
want to know how my name could be on there as the mother

1. You will need to go to court and file for the legal adoption or your court may have another option given how long you have been caring for the child, it should not be hard if she signs away her rights.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Child custody topics