Bedbugs, Leaky Ceilings, and A Dog Bite. Now Facing Eviction From Very First Apartment!!! Please Help!!!

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

I have a friendly mixed breed dog which I have had for almost the entire 2 years I have lived in my apartment. I pay pet rent for the entire time she has resided here. 3 wks ago my dog's leash snapped, she ran down the stairs and was kicked by a 12yo and he was bitten. I am currently in escrow court for a 3 month long bedbug infestation which is common around this complex and the landlord has blatantly refused to treat. I also have leaks which've been ongoing since October 2012 which subsequently resulted in mold and damaged furniture. I have contacted code enforcement and the health dept, as well as the dept of agriculture. They came yesterday, and today I get a notice to vacate on the ground that my dog bit someone. Is this legal, although the boy warranted it by striking my dog. Help!

Pro

4

Answered . If you sustained bed bug bites, a bed bug lawyer should be retained. Google "bed bugs lawyer"...here, I did it for you www.Bed-Bugs-Lawyer.com.

2. Michael Lewis Eisner

2

Answered . See the answers on your duplicate post. If you have renter insurance, report the dog bite. Ohio has a strict liability dog statute with very limited defenses.

3. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . Answered in another post.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.