Skip to main content

Become citizen less than 5 years?

San Jose, CA |

is there any possible way to become citizen less than 5 years because i have seen one of my friends who became citizen less than 5 years but he didn't told me how?
It took 3 and a half years for him to naturalized and he was in CA, Los Angeles

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The only way to become a citizen in less than five years is if you got your green card through a U.S. citizen spouse and you are still married to and living with that person. In that case, you can apply for citizenship in three years instead of five.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.


The only way to become citizen faster is through marriage with a US citizen or military service in active troops...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


he is probably residing with a USC spouse. This is how.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


Your friend was probably married to a US citizen and got his green card through his spouse.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer