BDV, falsely accused. I was arrested. 1st arrest ever. If DA drops, will this stay on my record?

Asked about 1 year ago - Henderson, NV

My daughter accused me of hitting her in a room at a casino this weekend, in Laughlin, NV. I live in Henderson. She was upset after her phone was thrown into a pool by her 3 yr old and wanted to go home. I refused. Arguing escalated to yelling, however I NEVER touched her. There is a history of me calling 911 on her for violence. I was even on a 911 call when she kicked me on the most recent call (last year). I was arrested, booked, charged, mug shot..the whole 9 yards. NEVER arrested before. Office said DA might drop. If they do, will this stay on my record? I don't want this to affect guardianship of my granddaughter. I also want my daughter out but she told me tonight she would file a restraining order because she was told she could (If I DO ANYTHING to upset her).

1. Thomas D. Boley

2

Answered . You need a lawyer. There are too many variables going on here to make an accurate prediction. Cops say a lot of things at the scene, but it is the DA's decision to charge you or not. Very often, they go forward with the case. Defending battery domestic violence is quite complex, and those with private attorneys end up better off in general. Hire private counsel.