Bankruptcy effect on contractors license?

Sacramento, CA |

I'm a licensed general building contractor. Sole proprietor with no employees.
If I'm forced to file chapter 7 bankruptcy, will this effect my license and my ability to continue working?

It could. If bankruptcy discharge includes any "construction related" debts CSLB has to be notified. You then have 90 days to satisfy those debts or your license will be suspended.
If any of your debts are in any way related to your business the suspension is required by Business and Professons Code 7071.17

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.