Bankruptcy dismissal : How do I get that off my credit reprt, do I call them (3) or is more complicated than that ?

Gilbert, AZ |

Filed and was unable to reach agreement, wanted me to pay 100% to cred, didnt make much sense to do that.....

1. If you filed a bankruptcy & it was dismissed, or you withdrew it, or whatever, it goes on your credit & it stays there for 10 years. Sorry you didn't know that before you took the plunge. Hope this perspective helps!

2. You can't. The credit reporting agencies are correctly reporting the truth - you filed a bankruptcy, and it was dismissed. That stays on your report for up to 10 years, and you can't have it removed. The fact that you changed your mind and didn't want to pay the creditors is irrelevant.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

3. What is reported will stay. That will have an impact on your credit but so will the delinquent accounts. Plus, your debt to income is a question when making lending decisions. You should work to bring now your debts if you have not already by making arrangements or settlement offers with the creditors.

4. The short answer is that you can't get the bankruptcy dismissal off of your credit report. It will stay on your credit report for 10 years (regardless if you withdrew from the bankruptcy, had it dismissed, or didn't complete it) the fact is that you filed for bankruptcy and it will stay on your record and effect your credit score for the next 10 years.

Sorry that you did not know this fact before you took the step of filing bankruptcy. It is unfortunate that you weren't able to benefit from the bankruptcy filing.

I hope that this answer was helpful.

Contact me directly at 480-833-8000 for a free (1 Hour) consultation. I have law offices conveniently located in Mesa, Glendale, and Tucson, Arizona. You and I do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information. http://www.bankruptcy-az.com

Bankruptcy topics