Bankruptcy Ball Park Fee

Stroudsburg, PA |

I would like the get a ball park figure for a chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy fee in Stroudsburg PA

Call a lawyer in your area. An attorney's fee is determined by the individual attorney based upon a number of factors including expertise, experience, and other tangible and intangible factors. The best way to determine an attorney's fee is to call a local bankruptcy attorney and schedule a consultation. In fact, you should schedule several consultations to make sure you have chosen the best attorney for your individual circumstances.

Pretend you want tires for you vehicle. You call the tire store and say how much for tires, without telling them anything about the vehicle. How can they quote you even a range? Is it a Harley? a Hummer? a Suburban? a Corsica? Do you want 40k mile warranty or 100k mile? Ice and snow tread, or hot weather? Used or new?

A ball park would be, say anywhere from $0 (if one were to do it pro bono) to $100,000 or more if your circumstances are more convoluted than a Gordian Knot. Does that help?

I agree with my fellow contributors. It's impossible to give an accurate estimate without knowing about your case. It is a very good idea to talk to several attorneys in order to find someone that you are comfortable with and who is knowledgeable in bankruptcy laws.

My own fees depend upon the chapter the person is filing, the potential issues, and the complexity of the case. My fees are normally in the range of $1200 to $3000.

If you would like to discuss your case, I do offer free consultations and have an office not far from you.

Christy M. DeMelfi, Esq.
Weatherly, PA

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt