Bank served 90-day to vacate, after foreclosing, sold to investor before 90-days up, does new owner have to re-serve me 90-day?

Redding, CA |

I am the tenant and have been in my house for over 6-years with my 9-years old daughter. Bank foreclosed and took the property back from owner, seved me w/90-day to vacate, then sold to an investor in a Short Sale about 2 months into that 90-day period. Does the new owner (investor) have to reserve me with a 90-day to vacate? I contacted new owner to see if he would allow me to stay and continue to lease the house but he refused. He made it clear that he and his other investors bought it to immeidately flip it and make a profit, and that if I did not move out they would evict me. What are my rights?

1. No, the investor would not have to serve a new 90 day notice. The investor does not need to give you any additional time beyond the original 90 days.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.