Bank of America profit through charging fees, can I sue them after ruining my GOOD CREDIT history

Westfield, NJ |

I have a secure Bank of America credit card with $300 limit since 2009 my payments are $15 monthly I pay $30 I also make additional payments

12/10 I change banks to another bank & I called in plenty of time to set up the auto for the new bank... B of A tried to take money from old bank & cancel new bank.auto payment, my balance was $177

4/11 I found out that they were not taking money from the new bank,tag on lots of fees to make balance $410 , reported to credit agency high balance..I put auto payments on 3x's & they keep taking it off & charging me fees
I spoke with president office & they agree to take the fees off report the corrections, they have not..

They have also reported me late, I have overdraft protection & it is only $15 monthly

They have ruin my credit

Thank you all....

Your right to sue for a financial institution are regulated by the provisions of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. I am posting a link to a copy of that law below. Some states also have laws that address this issue. My experience is that these laws put a huge burden on consumers requiring them to follow procedures that suing is nearly impossible unless a lawyer is standing by your side. I suggest contacting an attorney that handles consumer law if you are determined to proceed. Hope this perspective helps!

2. Follow attorney Bunce's advice.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. What would be your question? Perhaps you should consider a bankruptcy?

4. A secured credit card would likely have a provision that auto-draft can only come from the account that secures the card.
    Review your credit agreement.