Bank of America profit through charging fees, can I sue them after ruining my GOOD CREDIT history

Westfield, NJ |

I have a secure Bank of America credit card with $300 limit since 2009 my payments are $15 monthly I pay $30 I also make additional payments

12/10 I change banks to another bank & I called in plenty of time to set up the auto for the new bank... B of A tried to take money from old bank & cancel new bank.auto payment, my balance was $177

4/11 I found out that they were not taking money from the new bank,tag on lots of fees to make balance $410 , reported to credit agency high balance..I put auto payments on 3x's & they keep taking it off & charging me fees
I spoke with president office & they agree to take the fees off report the corrections, they have not..

They have also reported me late, I have overdraft protection & it is only $15 monthly

They have ruin my credit

Thank you all....

Your right to sue for a financial institution are regulated by the provisions of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. I am posting a link to a copy of that law below. Some states also have laws that address this issue. My experience is that these laws put a huge burden on consumers requiring them to follow procedures that suing is nearly impossible unless a lawyer is standing by your side. I suggest contacting an attorney that handles consumer law if you are determined to proceed. Hope this perspective helps!

Thank you very much...this has been going on since 2010.....are you in NJ as well...do you know an attorney that can handle this situation...Thank you very much

Dorothy G Bunce

Dorothy G Bunce

I am only in Las Vegas, use the "Find a Lawyer" search feature to look for a consumer attorney in your community.

Thank you Attorney Bunce...your information is very helpful...I did contact this agency a while back, and B of A refused to correct my record...so the next thing for me to do is consult with an attorney.....they have a history of doing dirty deeds and scamming people, institutions and even the Government...they are always getting sued ...thanks again.... here's articles of lawsuits http://www.google.com/#q=bank+of+american+sued

Bank of American get sued for overdraft fees...http://www.google.com/#q=bank+of+america+sued+for+overdraft+fees&revid=-1

Follow attorney Bunce's advice.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you

What would be your question? Perhaps you should consider a bankruptcy?

No...I do not want to file Bankruptcy....I do not need to....I have no debt...only this situation with B of A...thank you

A secured credit card would likely have a provision that auto-draft can only come from the account that secures the card.
Review your credit agreement.

Thank you ...I will look at the agreement and hopefully hire a lawyer...it's been going on since 2010...thank you again!

Gary D. Bollinger

Gary D. Bollinger

I would not be terribly surprised if you found that no such clause existed and that BOA simply implemented a policy.