Bad debt with loan financing. Can i come back and fix my credit score?

Norristown, PA |
Filed under: Car loan Vehicle title

I was in US for a year , for a long term project . I took a car on loan from a financing company , and was making timely payments to build my credit score . Now after 6 months , my client ramped down the business and we were forced to go back to our home places . I emailed to the bank stating my situation , sold the car to a dealer who in turn paid to the bank . A remaining amount of 6000 $ is still due on me . Now , i want to go back to US , work again , and pay off the loan . So questions : a ) Since I emailed the bank stating my situation , would they have considered my request and not sent my name to collection dept . ? b ) Will this debt effect my entry at the Port , and taking lease in the apt ? Please advise

If you owed the bank money, regardless of the reason, they might have reported the debt on your credit report. If the issue was reported on your credit report, it could affect your ability to get the lease. To get a free copy of your credit report, go to You can check and see if they reported it.

The fact that you lost your job is irrelevant to the credit bureaus and will not help you to improve your credit score. However, unless you have debt to a public hospital for medical care, your Visa will not be affected by any ordinary civil debt. Hope this perspective helps!

Car loan topics

Recommended articles about Car loan