Bad bak,4 surgeries,cant sit or stand more than 5 min. rated @ 72% dis. 44 yrs old,offer is $32,000 inpaments,VERY DEPRESSED.

Hav an attny,dont like what I am hearing,asked him repeatedly "what could settlement b"?He avoided the?,turns out he could have given me a fairly close est. So at this point I need better advice,Y cant they b honest(attny's).Sorry,My ? is,is this even close to reality for someone my age that made good money and can't work anymore.Also,I am not exagerrating on physical limits or pain,most of the time fighting back tears trying to smile.

Vacaville, CA -

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

The offer is less important than the value. If you apply for Social Security, any increase in value for your anticipated future treatment will need to take Medicare into consideration. Your attorney may be afraid to tell you that your case is worth 75K or 750K because then you will want to go to Trial and reject a reasonable offer. You should discuss the matter with your Attorney and decide whether to keep or trade him. Just because you do not like his advice does not mean that it is bad. There can be multiple issues that you left out like Denial of Injury, Apportionment, 3rd Party recoveries. All could be highly relevant to case value, and only your Attorney knows all the angles.

David Vincent Hiden

David Vincent Hiden

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - San Diego, CA

I agree with George and would add that there are many other items going into this equation which you may be unaware of. Ask you attorney if a "Hartman formula" can be utilized and whether a "MediCare Set Aside" through CMS is necessary, since it is unclear with your brief facts a whole host of other issues are missing. At first glance, and based on minimal facts, it appears a 72% rating with a $32,000.00 offer is not reasonable but again, I don't have nearly anything close to what I or George need to make better assessments.

David J. McCormick

David J. McCormick

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Milwaukee, WI

First meet with your attorney to discuss your frustration. If that does not work then consider changing attorneys. Remember that worker’s comp. is an administrative system that does not compensate for actual wage loss or pain and suffering.