Background Check For Purchase Of A Firearm

Houston, TX |

When i was the age of 15 (3 years ago) i had got charged with Minor Usage Of Alcohol. (I am 18 at the moment). The charge got dismissed.

In the state of Texas you can be 18+ to purchase a Shotgun or Rifle. I am going to purchase a firearm and i know they do background checks. Is the Dismissed ticket i got when i was 15 still going to be on my record when they do the background check?

Thank you very much for your reply.

1. The record of your arrest may still be on your record. It does not matter in your situation. Only convicted felons are barred from purchasing firearms. A CHL can be denied for recent Class A and B misdemeanors, but this is not relevant to you. You should have no problem buying a rifle or shotgun.

Brian Tyrone is a licensed Texas attorney. Any answers I provide are not intended to be legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. Because there is no attorney-client relationship established by any answers I provide, you should consult with a licensed attorney in order to understand your legal rights and responsibilities.