Back pay on child support

Asked about 1 year ago - Leakey, TX

me and my hsuband have been divorced for 18 years now and he was suppose to pay child support but i never proceeded until now: can I still get back child support or is it to late? all my children are already older and have children of their own. after the divorce I remarried and my husband took the kids in like his own that is why I didn't say nothing until now: Is it too late

1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

Answered . If child support was ordered, then the accounting has been kept by th office of the attorney general. However, Accounts on grown adult children are going to be a much lower priority than those of minor children. And you should consider long & hard what your own motivation is to
    want to tie him up legally at this late date, when you no longer have his kids to support.