Back pay on child support

Asked over 1 year ago - Leakey, TX

me and my hsuband have been divorced for 18 years now and he was suppose to pay child support but i never proceeded until now: can I still get back child support or is it to late? all my children are already older and have children of their own. after the divorce I remarried and my husband took the kids in like his own that is why I didn't say nothing until now: Is it too late

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . If child support was ordered, then the accounting has been kept by th office of the attorney general. However, Accounts on grown adult children are going to be a much lower priority than those of minor children. And you should consider long & hard what your own motivation is to
    want to tie him up legally at this late date, when you no longer have his kids to support.

    This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,905 answers this week

2,989 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,905 answers this week

2,989 attorneys answering