Back ground checks

Asked about 1 year ago - Glendale Heights, IL

I recently was asked the following question in a background check for preemployment: Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a Misdemeanor crime, excluding 1) any offense for which you were adjudicated as a juvenile, 2) any convictions which have been expunged or sealed by a court, or 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court (in states where applicable)? I received court supervision for a DUI and have successfully completed the 2 year supervision term - it has been a year since completion, should I have answered Yes or No to this question.

I actually answered No for I thought tihs would fall under the " excluding 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court." Would this fall under the clause of being untruthful and can potentially not be hired due to my answer?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

5

Answered . You pled guilty so you must answer Yes.

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

3

Answered . The correct answer is yes. You have not been convicted but you did plead guilty.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Yes to the question as worded.

4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

3

Answered . Sounds like it should have been Yes based on what you've described. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen