Back ground checks

Glendale Heights, IL |

I recently was asked the following question in a background check for preemployment: Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a Misdemeanor crime, excluding 1) any offense for which you were adjudicated as a juvenile, 2) any convictions which have been expunged or sealed by a court, or 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court (in states where applicable)? I received court supervision for a DUI and have successfully completed the 2 year supervision term - it has been a year since completion, should I have answered Yes or No to this question.

I actually answered No for I thought tihs would fall under the " excluding 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court." Would this fall under the clause of being untruthful and can potentially not be hired due to my answer?

1. The correct answer is yes. You have not been convicted but you did plead guilty.

2. Sounds like it should have been Yes based on what you've described. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. Yes to the question as worded.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com