Skip to main content

B2 Visa with i-94 "no aos/cos/eos". If i get married with my fianceé (he is F1) and come back to my country, can i apply for F2?

Madison, WI |
Filed under: Immigration

They give me only 30 days to stay in USA, but can we get married here and when i camevback, I start the apllication for F2 in my country? Is it Legal?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    While I agree with the responses herein, it is best to contact a local immigration attorney for such issues.

  2. Yes, the notation on the I-94 means that you must go back before any extension of stay, change of status or adjustment of status

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  3. Yes, timely depart the U.S. and seek entry on an appropriate visa. All the best!

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

  4. Yes

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics