B1 visa holder married to US citizen... HELP!

Asked almost 3 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

I have been coming back and forth to the US on a B1 visa but this time married my US citizen wife 53 days after being in the US . We had been in a relationship for 6 yrs.

I arrived in the US in November 2011, had a pending H1b petition, found out H1b has been denied.

I do not want to violate any immigration law. I am willing to go back to my country ( Philippines) and process my papers to be with my wife. Is this the best way to go to avoid any issues with the USCIS OR should we file for adjustment of status while I am here in the US?

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You probably can file for adjustment of status.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

2. Richard Andrew Constantino Alton

Answered . I agree with my colleague and you should speak with a qualified immigration attorney and have her review your immigration history so she can tell you the best path for you and your wife.

3. Christian Schmidt

Answered . You will most likely be fine applying for adjustment at this point but may want to consult with an immigration attorney for a review of your situation.