B1 possible after K1 where the US citizen left the paperwork out?

Asked 12 months ago - Portland, OR


I am a Norwegian Citizen , female 35 years old with a son of 11. I have been to the US for two weeks Feb, 2008, then for 1, 5 months Summer 2008 and Fall 2008 for 3 months.

I got denied entry to America Jan 2009 because i had one day overstay due to getting denied into Canada Dec, 2008...I had met my at that time, big love and spent some more time than planned in the US. Since then I have not been able to visit. me and my boyfriend applied for the fiancee visa and that has taken a long time, now we are at the end, but he does not want to sign the last document. We had to wait almost a year extra as his mom let us down and did no longer want to sponsor us. Is there any chance at all that I can get a B 1. I am a traveler type...nomadic. very sad due to this ... have friends i want to

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can always try to apply for the B1/B2 visa at the Oslo consulate. But, for a self-proclaimed "nomad" like yourself, without a fixed address, meaningful employment, still single, etc., etc., it might be hard to prove "substantial ties" to Norway, needed to overcome the "immigrant intent" presumption of INA section 214(b) (Google it), especially so with your past immigration history. Sorry..

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Calvin T. Sun

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Agree, meeting the non-immigrant intent may be a problem.

  3. Alexander Joseph Segal


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . and the question of course was?

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,882 answers this week

2,729 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary