B1 B2 extension supporting documents to stay in the US

Asked over 1 year ago - Washington, DC

I have a question for my B1 B2 visa extension, I am applying for an extension because my I-94 expires on September 17 and I want to stay back till November 11 to pursue my extern ship program which lasts till November. Right now I support myself for the stay with the income from my father who works full time in India. I do not have a bank account in India and the only account I have is the Vishwa Yatra SBI prepaid credit card account to which money is added every month. I have a Bank of America account which doesn't have enough funds. I am not getting paid for this extern ship and I need to pay for my food, travel and hostel stay. Do I need a Affidavit of support from my father? Please suggest what all documents I can provide to support for my stay in the US.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Read the I-539 instructions. This information is there or seek assistance of an experienced immigration attorney in DC.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Best to seek the advice and counsel of a local immigration lawyer in preparing an application for extension of stay. Those are hardly ever granted to individuals wanting to use "self-help" and file the application themselves. A skilled immigration lawyer will know how to help you prepare an approvable application.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

1

Answered . You should contact an immigration attorney. There are various other types of evidence you can use.

4. Maria J. Marty

Pro

Answered . Get evidence of money being wired monthly to your account, and a letter from your father stating his intent to continue sending you money. Make sure you file the extension before your current status expires and you will be legally in the US while the extension is pending.