Skip to main content

B1 B2 extension supporting documents to stay in the US

Washington, DC |

I have a question for my B1 B2 visa extension, I am applying for an extension because my I-94 expires on September 17 and I want to stay back till November 11 to pursue my extern ship program which lasts till November. Right now I support myself for the stay with the income from my father who works full time in India. I do not have a bank account in India and the only account I have is the Vishwa Yatra SBI prepaid credit card account to which money is added every month. I have a Bank of America account which doesn't have enough funds. I am not getting paid for this extern ship and I need to pay for my food, travel and hostel stay. Do I need a Affidavit of support from my father? Please suggest what all documents I can provide to support for my stay in the US.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Read the I-539 instructions. This information is there or seek assistance of an experienced immigration attorney in DC.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You should contact an immigration attorney. There are various other types of evidence you can use.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Best to seek the advice and counsel of a local immigration lawyer in preparing an application for extension of stay. Those are hardly ever granted to individuals wanting to use "self-help" and file the application themselves. A skilled immigration lawyer will know how to help you prepare an approvable application.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Get evidence of money being wired monthly to your account, and a letter from your father stating his intent to continue sending you money. Make sure you file the extension before your current status expires and you will be legally in the US while the extension is pending.



Thank you Ms. Marty. Your suggestion sounds good to me. Would like to contact you incase I needed any further assistance.

Maria J. Marty

Maria J. Marty


Sure, I believe you can send me am email via avvo or feel free to send me am email via my website,

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer