Automobile personal property trust

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I'm going to be buying a car for all cash and owning it free and clear. I was advised to hold title in a personal property trust for asset protection/privacy and to keep my name of the public records. Is this the best strategy? Any attorneys that can create this property trust please contact me.

1. One problem with this strategy is that they also sue the driver.
    You should also consider an umbrella policy.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

2. One problem with this strategy is that they also sue the driver.

3. If you purchase the maximum amount of auto liability insurance together with a substantial umbrella liability policy you should accomplish your asset-protection objective. The umbrella policy covers various types of liability claims and is well worth having.

Answers to questions on this site are not intended to be specific legal advice nor create an attorney-client relationship. Hiring an attorney is a very important process which requires a high degree of diligence as well as entering into an agreement regarding the services to be provided and the fees to be charged.

4. Besides, having title to your vehicle be in the name of a trust screams: "Sue me. I'm rich."
    I always advise against it.