Automobile Damage. NY

Asked 12 months ago - Hamburg, NY

I was pulling into a small plaza, in the evening. I was entering the plaza, and as I pulled into the plaza, my Passat was damaged. The front end of my car scraped along the bottom front. The entrance was short, and steep. Is the property owner responsible for the damage? My car is being fixed at this point due to the fact that I do not have a car otherwise. The repair is all related to the front bottom damage.

1. Yefim Rubinov

9

Answered . If you can prove design defect, but its a long shot. take them to small claims, if the damages is below 5K

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

8

Answered . Small claims court.

3. Steven Robert Samples

9

Answered . It's certainly possible that you can make a claim, but it will be difficult and time-consuming. It may be that the entrance is not owned by the plaza, but is owned by the city. Unless you can show that the condition arose recently, and the plaza had knowledge of it, the plaza will argue that you are in the best position to know the limitations of your car. I wish I had better news for you, but perhaps others will respond with some ideas.

4. John L. Schroeder

8

Answered . There is something you are not telling us. It sounds like you were at fault.

5. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . You may need an expert witness to make a case, which would likely cost you more than your damages.

6. Michael David Myers

Pro

7

Answered . It's going to cost more to prove negligent design than you stand to recover.

If you want to discuss please email me at mmyers@myers-company.com or call on my mobile: (206) 714-1421. Thanks.

Pro

3

Answered . Might need an expert