Auto accident question

Asked 8 months ago - Lynchburg, VA

My Insurance adjuster called and said that she would be filing my accident under uninsured motorist property damage so how does this play along with pain and suffering compensation

1. Brian Mccabe Glass

7

1

Answered . In Virginia, when you are hit by a driver who leaves the scene or who is uninsured, your own auto insurance handles the claim under your uninsured motorist coverage. There is no impact on recovery and your case is worth the same as it would be if the other driver was insured.

Hopefully you have adequate insurance to compensate you for your injuries. Good luck with your claim.

2. Matthew William Hoffmann

6

1

Answered . Your pain/suffering will be valued just as it would with a normal accident case. Consult with an attorney in your area specializing in personal injury. Try using Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" service.

3. Michael R Varble, Esq.

Pro

4

1

Answered . Pain and suffering will be paid from your own insurance policy under an uninsured motorist property damage claim.

Pro

4

Answered . You will want a local personal injury lawyer to handle it

5. Philip Anthony Fabiano

3

1

Answered . Though you do not give any facts regarding the "accident," I assume the person who hit you does not have insurance or the driver took off and you do not know who hit you. In those circumstances you will be making a claim under your own policy for un-insured motorist benefits. Basically your policy says if the person who hits you is uninsured you can make the very same claim you would against that person but to your own carrier. Check your policy to see the your limits for this coverage. You can make a claim for what you purchased.
    I suggest you get an attorney to handle the claim for you. Your insurance company is supposed to treat you fairly in such circumstance but I am sure you can understand they want to pay as little as possible and you want the fair value of your claim. Even paying a lawyer a fee, you will still come out ahead.

6. Carl Nyden Lauer

1

Answered . I would add to the other answers that you need to at least consult with a personal injury attorney in the Lynchburg area. In addition to the uninsured coverage, you may also have a right to collect under health insurance and medical expense coverage for your medical bills. Even if your claim is too small to retain the attorney, he or she will be able to discuss these issues with you! Most injury attorneys will be happy to give you a free consultation to go over your claim. Good luck and I hope you have a quick recovery from your injuries.