Auto accident in fairfax Virginia. Currently residing in San Diego, CA.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

Hi,
I was involved in an accident last year around 21st December 2011 in fairfax, VA. It was the other party's fault. Since then i visited the Hospital at the time of the accident and then to the chiropractors for pain i was experiencing.

I had the chiropractic session till June if i remember correctly. The settlement that insurance from other party is offering is very unfair and seem to fail to acknowledge my neck and arm pain which i am still experiencing.

What is the statute time limit in Northern Virginia.
What approach should i take in order to get a fair settlement?

Currently i am residing in San Diego , CA

Regards,
Obeid Hassan

1. Benjamin Weaver Glass III

Pro

3

Answered . Whether or not the offer they have made you his fair of course depends upon all of the circumstances. You would likely benefit from an experienced personal injury attorney reviewing the entire claim, including the accident report, medical records, bills, prior records and any lost wage information if lost wages are being claimed. Both you and the insurance company will then be evaluating what your case is worth in northern Virginia. Just because you hire an attorney does not necessarily mean you will get more money in your pocket as you will of course incur an attorney fee. This means that before hiring an attorney to represent you you must have some assurance that you can recover substantially more than you've been offered in order to justify the expense you will incur in the time it will take to get the settlement. Also you need to know whether any of your bills need to be repaid to your insurance company (health) and whether or not there are any outstanding bills. Finally, the insurance company might be lowballing you because, now living on the West Coast, you will incur substantial transaction costs in returning to Virginia for depositions, medical examinations and trial.

2. Peter Anthony Jabaly

Pro

3

Answered . You will need to retain an attorney. You may have to pay some percentage of the settlement, but you'll be receiving what will likely be a larger settlement/award. I've handled personal injury matters like yours and I'd be happy to speak with you.

Pro

4

Answered . 2 yr statute in that state. The problem with trying to handle a personal injury claim without a lawyer is that you will only be offered a tiny nuisance settlement at best. Retain a pesonal injury lawyer so you can get the maximum possible compensation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Lassen. Get a lawyer. It does not cost you a penny. He does not get paid if he does not recover money for you. An attorney will always recover more than what you would get. Look in avvo for an attorney in Fairfax, VA.