Authorization for release/patient access of medical information

Asked over 1 year ago - 10027

Hello!
I am from Europe.My daughter worked and lived in New York.She got sick(mental illness).She returned in her native country(europe).
After many years her condition is advanced.The Justice Court named me her Legal Guardian
I requested from hospital units (NY) where she was hospitalized,her Medical File
They send me :"Authorization for release/patient access of medical information".
There is a box "Notary/Witness".
I am asking :Which Public Notary should I address?(from NY state or a Public Notary from my country).
Thank you!

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Use a notary wherever the signature is being notarized. If being signed in your country, it must be notarized in your country.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . A notorized signature is not required for a medical record request in New York. That said, you notorize the document where you are located.

3. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, the notary requirement is likely for your signature; if so, it must be notarized where you sign it. If you sign it in Europe, then notarization must be in the country where you sign.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
    The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    One Belmont Avenue,
    Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com