Authorization for release/patient access of medical information

Asked over 1 year ago - 10027

I am from Europe.My daughter worked and lived in New York.She got sick(mental illness).She returned in her native country(europe).
After many years her condition is advanced.The Justice Court named me her Legal Guardian
I requested from hospital units (NY) where she was hospitalized,her Medical File
They send me :"Authorization for release/patient access of medical information".
There is a box "Notary/Witness".
I am asking :Which Public Notary should I address?(from NY state or a Public Notary from my country).
Thank you!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold


    Contributor Level 19


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Use a notary wherever the signature is being notarized. If being signed in your country, it must be notarized in your country.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore,... more
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . A notorized signature is not required for a medical record request in New York. That said, you notorize the document where you are located.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
  3. Christopher Edward Ezold


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

    That being said, the notary requirement is likely for your signature; if so, it must be notarized where you sign it. If you sign it in Europe, then notarization must be in the country where you sign.

    If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

    /Christopher E. Ezold/
    The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    One Belmont Avenue,
    Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585

    Answered 8 months ago. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,220 answers this week

2,650 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,220 answers this week

2,650 attorneys answering