Authorization for release/patient access of medical information

New York, NY |
Filed under: Personal information

Hello!
I am from Europe.My daughter worked and lived in New York.She got sick(mental illness).She returned in her native country(europe).
After many years her condition is advanced.The Justice Court named me her Legal Guardian
I requested from hospital units (NY) where she was hospitalized,her Medical File
They send me :"Authorization for release/patient access of medical information".
There is a box "Notary/Witness".
I am asking :Which Public Notary should I address?(from NY state or a Public Notary from my country).
Thank you!

Use a notary wherever the signature is being notarized. If being signed in your country, it must be notarized in your country.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, the notary requirement is likely for your signature; if so, it must be notarized where you sign it. If you sign it in Europe, then notarization must be in the country where you sign.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
One Belmont Avenue,
Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585
Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
www.ezoldlaw.com

Answered 8 months ago. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified. /Christopher E. Ezold/ The Ezold Law Firm, P.C. One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 (610) 660-5585 Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com www.ezoldlaw.com

A notorized signature is not required for a medical record request in New York. That said, you notorize the document where you are located.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights