Aunt was the executor of grandpas will no copy of will given to me after reqesting one, no probate. doesnt exec. hv to gv copy?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Salem, OR

(granpaswill)myself my father(dececed)aunt were all left $500.00 equally i asked for copy will. no copy estate worth over $500,000.00

1. Robert Lloyd Mauger Jr

5

Answered . I agree with Mr. Frederick, if all you were left was $500, then this is not worth litigation. But without a copy of the will, how do you know you were left $500? If there is a no probate estate open, then there's no one to show you the will, and if there is a probate open, then that county courthouse will be where it was filed. You can get more help from an attorney, but without an expectation of more than $500, it might not be a good use of your money.

2. James P. Frederick

4

Answered . I am not sure I understand your summary, fully. If all that you were left is $500, you are not going to want to contact an attorney. If there was no probate, then there was also NO executor. The only time there is an executor is when there is a probate estate open and an executor is appointed by the court.

It is not clear whether there was a trust or if the assets were in joint names or had beneficiary designations. A lawyer can help you get to the bottom of things, but it would not be worth it, if you know you were not left more than $500.

James Frederick

3. Steven J. Fromm

2

Answered . You need to speak with an estate litigation or probate attorney to see where you stand in all this. If the will was probated it is a matter of public record for anyone to see. Get counsel immediately to assert your rights under the will and get a conclusive advice as to where you stand and what can be done.