ATTY PLANS TO WITHDRAW SAYS I OWE $ FOR SOMETHING ELSE. RETAINER IS PD IN FULL. AM I ABLE TO MAKE APPLICATION TO COURT?

Hempstead, NY |

Hired atty & firm for criminal case several months, 1 atty offers to hv hearing to remove order of protectoin against me, then other atty threatens to withdraw firm from cases .This would cause financial burden to client, IS CLIENT ABLE TO MAKE APPLICATION TO the court to acsertain the legal counsel to perform the process they started? AM I SUPPOSE TO SUBMIT ANYTNG TO CT OR MAKE "APPLICATION"? It isnt on the retainer to "start" a process and drop client suddenly for no reason. In fact, the atty didnt notify client until "after" requesting the hearing now its in process. Explain legal recourse by client & if client can ask the court on his behalf to make application to deny the attorney of his withdraw request due to hardship &malpractice or what else?Retainer states complete till pretria

1. Have another criminal defense lawyer review the retainer agreement right away. Need the wording of the entire retainer to give advice.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. Are you the defendant in a currently pending criminal case? If YES, your defense lawyer should be handling the order of protection issue. Discuss the matter with that attorney.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Bring the fee agreement to a local attorney.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.