Attorneys in the Los Angeles area who have experience with plastic surgery malpractice cases?

Asked over 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

Hello. I underwent a procedure for a hairline lowering procedure, and suffered extreme hairloss as a result of the surgery. I understand that this was a cosmetic procedure, but nowhere in the pre-op agreement was I told that this permanent hair loss (shock loss) was a risk.

I did sign a document before the procedure stating that all legal matters would have to go to arbitration. Any advice on how to handle this is appreciated. Ideally, I would be interested in speaking with a lawyer who has experience in medical negligence, or something related to cosmetic surgery deformities. Thank you for your help.

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

6

1

Answered . Best way to find an answer would be to search on AVVO and other legal referral services or just the topic itself. You might also call the LA bar association for a referral. My county's bar referral service screens all attorneys applying for membership on any panel for which it makes a referral.

2. Christopher John Gansen

5

1

Answered . I am an attorney working in Los Angeles who handles these types of cases. I am currently handling a case on behalf of another hair procedure client and feel I can help you as well.

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

3

2

Answered . First, get your medical file. Second take it to MedMal Attorney and have hoim review it for malpractice. Third. Watch out for the MICRA cap which in California is only $250 k , a courtesy for the strong insurance lobby, which convinced the legislators to cap the limits in a medical malpractice case. Best of luck.,

Pro

5

1

Answered . Avvo has a wonderful "find a lawyer" tool.