Attorneys fees awards in family law

Asked over 1 year ago - Thousand Oaks, CA

why would a judge continue a case 4 different times and not rule on attorneys fees from day 1 when one party has no income and the disparity between the two is huge? this judge has now
stated enough wasted time for the courts. and plans on issuing a judgement in 2 weeks. What most likely is the reason? The judge has allowed both attorneys to submit briefs 1 week prior to the judgement

1. Kelvin P. Green

1

Answered . Sounds like two attorneys are involved. You may to talk to yours... Just because there is an income discreancy does not mean feesare awarded. If there are briefs then the judge thinks it is an issue.

2. Ron S Bamieh

Pro

1

Answered . Obviously there is more to your situation than just a discrepancy in income. Income is not the only factor is assessing fees. I would suspect reading your soon to be ex spouses brief and your attorney's brief will answer your question as to why it's not so clear to the judge.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . I have practiced Family law for over 38 years and the two attorneys advised you correctly. Read the briefs and try to see the reasons from a neutral vantage point, many divorces involve emotions which cloud judgment of the parties involved.