Attorney not communicating with client - child support and custody hearing. judge order a pymt that is way outside of guideline

Asked about 1 year ago - Rockville, MD

i have a pending child support case in new york and i also filed for custody of my child there. i hired an attorney who did not show up to the hearing - judge is requiring that i pay $4,000 a month until the next hearing. i do not make enough money to pay that money. my attorney was suppose to file an appeal for the order which i am supposed to start paying today. i have been reaching out the attorney for over a week and he is not responding to any of my messages...i paid him a few for the child support case but he is not representing me. i have no idea what to do or how to approach this. i guess i need to find a new attorney asap to take the case over....any thoughts on what to do

The child support and custody case is for the state of nyc

1. Scott R. Scherr

1

Answered . You need to list the location in New York when you post your question so that New York attorneys can answer your question. Good luck!

2. David Raymond Mahood

Pro

1

Answered . Your query is currently being sent to Maryland attorneys. Make sure your query is addressed to attorneys in New York, and if you list the city and county where your court order is filed you can more easily direct your query to the attorneys who can help you the most.