Attorney never provided service. Skipped town. How to get my money back?

Asked about 3 years ago - Ravenna, OH

Gave 1400.00 payment towards 1944.00 cost plus filing fees for a chapter 7. When I showed up to pay balance, building was empty and up for sale. Kept calling office phone, fellow answered to say atty ill, quit his practice and moved out of state. I asked where I could reach, kept saying he was sick; refused to tell me. Sent letter to office address, was returned to me, unable to deliver. Searching the internet I believe I have located in FL. Who do I contact to attempt to get my money back? He never provided a service beyond a "free" initial consultation, however took my cash. I feel strongly that I worked hard to raise the money to pay him, he never provided a service and I deserve to get my money back. What to do? I would appreciate any advice you may offer.

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Try the OH State Bar, linked below. They have a complaint procedure for their members, and maybe they offer restitution to clients who have their money stolen by lawyers. CA has that, maybe OH does too.