Attorney for a discrimination & retaliation case against a Georgia state agency.

Musella, GA |

What lawyer should someone choose if they feel they were terminated due to discrimination and retaliation while they worked for a Georgia state agency as manager?. Do certain attorneys have close ties with state agency's that would lead to a unfair case or information regarding the case? Legal representation referrals welcome.

You need an employment rights attorney with skill and experience in "public sector employment law." Many very fine employment attorneys do not have public sector experience, but that specific experience can make a significant difference in your case. Your employer's attorneys will consider that facet of your attorney's experience to be an important consideration in evaluating the strength of your claim.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Do the research. You are near Macon so there are many lawyers who specialize in employment law as one of their top one or two areas of practice. Their profiles and websites will clearly say that. All the myths about lawyers having ties to whoever, or "scared" to go up against whoever, and so on, and just that ... myths. That is usually what people say when lawyers tell them they have no case and the client does not want to believe them. If you are looking for solicitations, you'll likely get them. Maybe some from lawyers who just need a case and have little or no experience, are not qualified, or list everything from car accidents, to criminal to bankruptcy among their specialties. Check everyone out.

Recommended articles about Employment