Attorney fees in a Den Hague Convention case

Asked about 1 year ago - Boston, MA

I recently was a party in a Den Hague Convention case. My ex is on the losing end of the case and he was the one who brought it forward. The Italian Court denied return of the child to the USA. Can I ask the judge in Boston to award me all legal fees I incurred in Italy in this case since my ex lost it and was the one whom brought it forward in the first place?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Erik Hammarlund

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Since you mention "legal fees," you obviously have a lawyer.

    Since you have a lawyer, you should ask your lawyer (who is intimately familiar with your exact case) instead of relying on Internet advice.

    Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask... more
  2. Joel A. Abu

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . First explain what happened in the case?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,731 answers this week

2,598 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,731 answers this week

2,598 attorneys answering