Attorney fees in a Den Hague Convention case

Boston, MA |

I recently was a party in a Den Hague Convention case. My ex is on the losing end of the case and he was the one who brought it forward. The Italian Court denied return of the child to the USA. Can I ask the judge in Boston to award me all legal fees I incurred in Italy in this case since my ex lost it and was the one whom brought it forward in the first place?

Since you mention "legal fees," you obviously have a lawyer.

Since you have a lawyer, you should ask your lawyer (who is intimately familiar with your exact case) instead of relying on Internet advice.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

Hi Eric, thank you for your response. I have a lawyer in Italy who assisted me with the case. I a trying to figure out if we can get her fees paid by the "loosing party" who brought forward the Den Hague convention since he lives in the USA.

First explain what happened in the case?

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody