Attorney fees for child support mod.

Asked over 4 years ago - Canoga Park, CA

my ex boyfriend is going after me for attorney fees for his osc to mod. child support. i had an attorney but i let him go because i could no longer pay for him since i do not work. can i also go after my ex for the attorney fees i have paid to date, even though i no longer have an attorney? can i file a notice of motion? that is what his attorney did.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you prevail, then yes you can seek an award of attorney fees. But, attorney fees are fees that a lawyer charges in association with the case. If you are representing yourself, there are no attorney fees beyond those that the lawyer charged prior to his discharge.

    This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,307 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,307 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering