Attorney fees & Costs

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

We have recently settled a personal injury lawsuit at MSC.

I was later shocked to find out about the costs incurred for this case. Despite my continuous requests , my attornies never provided the ongoing costs statements saying that they are working on contingent fee and they have right to spend what is right for the case.

Now after the attorney fees and costs we are literally left with nothing. We feel cheated. MSC Judge doesn't want to get involved.

What should I do? Is there any service available who can verify the costs if they are genuine or not?

1. Robert Bruce Kopelson

9

Answered . Ask the atty to show documentation of the costs. Normally the atty informs the client of the approximate amount of costs, upon request, or periodically, particularly if they are other than nominal, and when you are either engaging in or planning negotiations such as mediation or settlement conference. I always talk to my clients about fees, costs, liens, etc before we settle a case, so they will know about how much they may end up with if they settle. I know of no service and anyone you would hire would cost you money. The costs of litigation can be high especially by the time you get to the MSC. Experts have been paid possibly non refundable fees, exhibits, pre trial depositions, investigation, etc. The costs of trying a case have risen. makes uneconomical in many cases.

Pro

7

Best Answer

Answered . If the costs weren't provided to you, contact the disciplinary board. My firm doesn't take a penny of costs out of the clients' portions, as we don't feel that it is morally right. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Michael Shemtoub

6

Answered . As my colleagues stated, you should ask for a statement of fees immediately.

4. Timothy Leo Bowden

4

Answered . You are entitled to a breakdown of costs. But they ate entitled to be reimbursed those advanced expenses. Are there certain expenses that look fishy?

Tim