Attorney Fee

Framingham, MA |

After I spent $122,000 on legal fees, I ran out of money. I maxed out my credit cards and loans. I had to inform my financial situation to my attorney and he insisted to withdraw from the case when the trial date was less than twenty days way. I told the Judge that I did not object to my attorney's withdraw because I could no longer afford him. The Judge heard the both sides story and denied my attorney's request to withdraw and ordered him to defend me. That point on, he did not put any effort on my case and forced me settled the case. Now, my attorney keeps sending me demanding letters of payment.
1. Are his actions is legally justified?
2. Can I request a clearification from the Judge who ordered him to defend me?

Based on your side of the story the attorney could have some questions to answer, but nobody can adequately respond to your situation without knowing more. It is possible that the attorney's actions subsequent to the court order may be a violation of the court order. It is also possible that this is an ethical issue, or legal malpractice arising out of negligence.

I agree that the judge did the right thing by forcing the attorney to defend you.

To properly advise you I would need more information.

The content of this message does not constitute legal advice and is not intended to be relied upon by anyone. It is highly recommended that the reader seek the opinion of a qualified attorney in his or her area for consultation and assistance. There are applicable statute of limitations and other considerations that only a qualified attorney can provide guidance on after being fully informed as to all of the circumstance of your particular case.

The judge did the correct thing.

Does this answer your question?

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

420 Common St., Ste 101

Lawrence, MA 01840

(978) 685-2690

lebensbaum@verizon.net

I usually check email every few hours during the day.

(by appointment only)

PLEASE NOTE that:

(1) e-mail communication is not a secure communication method; (2)
any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various
computers as it goes from sender to recipient; (3) emails may be
intercept by persons improperly accessing your computer or my
computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us through
which the e-mail passes. I am e-mailing because you have agreed.
If you change your mind and want future communication to be sent in
a different mode, please advise me at once.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error. Any
review, dissemination distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

That is a very high legal bill. If you think that the attorney who took $122,000 did not provide good services, you may want to call the Mass BBO.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.